We’re excited to present our August webinar on Training AI Leaders at DXC and Drexel. Brian Smith, The Honorable David S. Nelson Professorial Chair & Associate Dean for Research at Boston College, and Jerry Overton, DXC Fellow, Head of AI at DXC Technology, will discuss the benefits of corporate collaboration to increase learning and innovation. See details below:
- Topic: Training AI Leaders at DXC and Drexel
- Date: Friday, August 21, 2020
- Time: 12:00 pm ET (60-minute session)
- Cost: Free, but space is limited. Please register early
- Speakers: Brian Smith, The Honorable David S. Nelson Professorial Chair & Associate Dean for Research at Boston College and Jerry Overton, DXC Fellow, Head of AI at DXC Technology
- Register: Training AI leaders at DXC and Drexel
About the Session
In today’s technology environment, breakthroughs like artificial intelligence and machine learning provide endless opportunities for innovation. However, these emerging technologies require people to learn how and when they can effectively drive business needs and organizational goals. The need for Training AI leaders, by upskilling and reskilling the workforce to drive new business practices becomes as critical as the technologies themselves.
DXC Technology and Drexel University’s College of Computing and Informatics (CCI) began collaborating in 2018 to create new cooperative education models. This partnership led to creating the Applied Artificial Intelligence Studio, a 5000 square foot innovation center collocated with Drexel CCI. The goal of the Studio is to develop inspired leaders that can move on to lead large-scale innovation projects, manage teams, and co-develop solutions with DXC clients. Jerry Overton from DXC and Brian Smith from Drexel will discuss this corporate/university partnership’s workings and lessons learned during the first year of the Applied AI Studio and its cooperative education model.
At the end of this session, participants will:
- Identify the benefits of corporate collaboration with higher education to create innovation and provide practical skill development.
- Understand barriers to innovation and ways to remove those barriers to improve performance and creative thinking.
- Recognize other corporate / higher ed collaborations that exist to increase innovation.
About the Speakers
Brian K. Smith is The Honorable David S. Nelson Professorial Chair & Associate Dean for Research, Lynch School of Education and Human Development at Boston College. Before Boston College, he was a Professor and the Senior Academic Dean of Academic Affairs in the College of Computing and Informatics at Drexel University. He led Drexel’s partnership with DXC Technology to create a new model of graduate education and industry partnership. LinkedIn Profile
Jerry Overton is a data scientist in DXC Technology’s Analytics group and a DXC Fellow. He is the global lead for DXC’s Applied Artificial Intelligence Center of Excellence. An author, inventor, and instructor, Jerry blogs at Doing Data Science, where he shares his experiences leading AI innovation. Jerry is vice-chair of The Scott-Morgan Foundation, whose mission is to promote the ethical use of Artificial Intelligence and robotics to enhance people’s lives and society. Jerry completed his undergraduate studies at the Missouri University of Science & Technology and graduate studies at Stanford University and the Open University. LinkedIn Profile