We’re excited to present our first Learning Views webinar in 2020 – “College Students Today Are Your Learners Tomorrow. Are You Ready For Their Expectations?” with Diane Gayeski, Ph.D., internationally recognized thought leader in corporate learning and communications. In this webinar, Diane will share tips to identify the changing profile of college students and how to accommodate their learning environment.
- Topic: College Students Today Are Your Learners Tomorrow. Are You Ready For Their Expectations?
- Date: Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Time: 1:00 pm ET (60 minute session)
- Cost: Free, but space is limited. Please register early
- Speaker: Diane Gayeski, Ph.D., Dean of the Roy H Park School of Communications, Ithaca College
- Register: College Students Today Are Your Learners Tomorrow. Are You Ready For Their Expectations?
About the Session:
College students today have vastly different needs and expectations of their learning environments than previous generations. Learning disabilities, mental health issues, demands for inclusivity for various racial, cultural, and gender identities, and even the technologies they prefer that are now accommodated in universities will become expected of corporate training. In this session, Dean Diane Gayeski of the Roy H Park School of Communications at Ithaca College and a consultant in organizational learning and communication will enable you to:
- Identify the changing profile of college students and the learning environment accommodations that they expect
- Recognize how including a wider range of potential employees fully in the workforce will be challenging but necessary given the labor market
- Use the “AEIOU” model to guide your learning design and delivery
- Access free resources to guide your learning design and execution
About the Speaker:
Diane Gayeski, Ph.D. is an internationally recognized thought leader in corporate learning and communications. The Dean of one of the top 20 schools in communications, she is a tenured full professor of Strategic Communications and also has led over 300 consulting projects through her firm Gayeski Analytics. Among her clients are General Electric, Cornell University, the US Navy, Bank of Montreal, Abbott Diagnostics and Fiat. Diane is the author of 13 books and scores of articles and is a frequent conference keynoter. In all of these capacities, she has led projects that seek to better accommodate the changing needs and expectations of today’s learners.